Chad Bryson shares a musky fly tying journey in a video from In The Spread, focusing on the Sleepy Hollow fly. He shares the necessary details for assembling the fly, including bucktail and schlappen, and other materials and tools needed for successful tying.
Muskie Flies - Fly Tying with Chad Bryson(01:08:21)
- Subject: Chad Bryson, a renowned fly fisherman and fly tier.
- Tool of Choice: Fly rod with personally tied flies.
- Reason for Using Own Flies: Quality control.
- Industry Reputation: Recognized as one of the best guides, fisherman, program and product developers.
- Passion: Deep-seated love for musky fly fishing.
- Video Content: Step-by-step guide on tying Chad's standard musky fly.
- Key Elements in the Fly: Focus on the quality of bucktail.
- Materials & Tools: Comprehensive list from bobbin to UV glue.
- Benefit: Learning from the best increases chances of catching more fish.
It's not an exaggeration to say that Chad has an exceptional flair for fly tying. While he might not be the most talked-about figure among the general public, within the fishing industry, he is revered. Chad has carved a niche for himself as one of the foremost:
- Fly Fishing Program Developers
- Product Developers
But don't let his accolades mislead you. Beyond his professional expertise, Chad's intelligence and vast experience shine through. Dive deeper, and you'll discover an overwhelming passion for musky fly fishing. So, whether you're a seasoned fisherman or a curious novice, prepare for an insightful expedition into the mesmerizing world of tying musky flies.
This video isn't just another tutorial. It's a meticulous, step-by-step guide, aiming to empower you with the intricate art of fly tying, as championed by Chad. The fly you'll be acquainted with is Chad's go-to: his primary standard musky fly.
While the process isn't overwhelmingly complex, there are nuanced elements, particularly concerning bucktail. Chad delves into these with precision, emphasizing the quality of bucktail pivotal for the musky fly. His insights into selecting the best bucktail are invaluable, so pay close attention.
What You'll Learn:
- Materials & Tools: Get a comprehensive understanding of everything you'll need, from the bobbin, scissors, and hooks to the more specific items like articulated big game shanks, fish mask, eyes, and UV glue.
- Expert Techniques: Watching Chad, a master in his craft, is a rare privilege. Absorb his techniques and you're bound to up your fly-fishing game.
To wrap it up, this isn't just a video; it's a treasure trove of knowledge. As the saying goes, "Learn from the best to be the best." And with Chad guiding you, you're not only going to tie better flies but also increase your fish-catching prowess. So, strap in, learn, and let the fishing adventures begin!
Chad Bryson is a seasoned freshwater apex predator fisherman renowned for his expertise in fly fishing and fly tying.
Chad believes in quality control, which is why he prefers to tie his own flies.
The video is a step-by-step tutorial on how to tie Chad's primary standard musky fly, with a particular emphasis on the quality of bucktail.
The video provides a comprehensive overview of all the materials and tools needed, from the bobbin, scissors, and hooks to the fish mask, eyes, and UV glue.
Learn Fly Tying
Capt. Chad Bryson
Chad Bryson ain't your ordinary fellow, no sir. He's a man of the river, a sage of the stream, a virtuoso of the vast aquatic wilderness. He's been a respected pillar of the fly fishing industry for more years than a catfish has whiskers, serving as an angler, guide, and even a consultant for product development. His prey of choice? The freshwater apex predators, those elusive brown trout and muskie, and he's been on their trail for decades.Read more