Dive into the adrenaline-pumped world of wahoo fishing with Arthur Bjontegard's insider techniques. Master the art of rigging bullet lures and optimize your high-speed trolling for game-changing catches. Whether you're a seasoned angler or just starting, this guide unveils the keys to landing the elusive wahoo.
Rigging Bullet Lures for Wahoo Fish(00:14:14)
- Bullet Lure Description: Cone-shaped design, crafted for high-speed wahoo trolling.
- Arthur's Rigging Technique: Skirting lures, changing wire leaders, hook placemnt and more.
- Skirt Color Choice: The significance of dark blue, purple, and fluorescent hues.
- Wahoo Bullet vs Jet Head Lure: Key differences in design and use.
- Wahoo Trolling Speeds: Ideal ranges and adjustments for best results.
- Distinguishing Features:
- Iridescent blue stripes
- Torpedo-like body
- Razor sharp teeth
- Potent speed
- Offshore predator
- Reskirting the Lure: Start by removing the old skirt. Introduce a new bottom skirt and tie it off securely using wax floss. Top it off with an additional skirt to enhance its allure.
- Color Coordination: In the vast ocean, color plays a pivotal role in attracting the predatory wahoo. Opt for skirt colors like black and pink, which have proven their mettle time and again. Always trim the skirt to match the hook size for optimal presentation.
- Strengthen the Connection: Wahoo are fighters. Thus, a strong connection is crucial. Ensure you use a robust wire leader and master the hay wire twist technique.
- Storage Secrets: Bjontegard shares an innovative technique for storing rigged lures, ensuring they retain their shape and effectiveness for the next adventure.
- Water Clarity: In clear waters, light-colored lures can mimic natural patterns effectively.
- Lure Design: The wahoo bullet lure is crafted for high-speed trolling, usually between 6-12 knots, perfect for the wahoo's speedy nature.
- Sunlight: On bright days, dark blue and purple lures offer a stark contrast, making them more visible to the predatory wahoo lurking in the depths.
- Bullet cone shape for water penetration.
- Heavier metal head.
- Dual skirted designs available.
- Targeted primarily at wahoo but effective for tuna and mahi.
- Jet engine reminiscent rounded head.
- Solid stainless steel construction.
- Ideal for a range of pelagic species.
Masterclass Videos on Wahoo Fishing
User ReviewsThere are no reviews yet.
Captain Shawn Rotella, the acclaimed mastermind behind Night Runner Sport Fishing, is recognized for his lifelong devotion to the sport of fishing, based out of the beautiful Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. His home in Kona is celebrated as the big game fishing capital of the world, with serene, placid waters that offer a unique deep-sea fishing experience to all.Read more