Fishing rivers for muskies often involves navigating a uniformly deep system with no shallow to deep differentiation. Learn to break down situations effectively, targeting less obvious features in deep water, and use upstream, cross stream, and down stream tactics to maximize coverage. Utilize principles from In The Spread musky fishing video to fish smarter and fish more of the river's water column.
Muskie - Fishing Deep Rivers in the Winter(01:21:30)
Presenters: Cory Allen and Scott Lewis, South's premier musky fishermen.
Focus: Breaking down a deep river for muskie fishing.
- Cory Allen: Master lure tactician, Tennessee Valley Muskie Authority, expert on rivers, reservoirs, dams, and locks.
- Scott Lewis: Expert in fly fishing, extensive experience in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina.
- Wintertime muskie behavior and pre-spawn patterns.
- Tactics for targeting less obvious river sections.
- Detailed lure dynamics and fly fishing techniques.
- Biological insights into muskie forage and baitfish mimicry.
Cory is renowned as a master lure tactician. His expertise spans:
- Rivers (especially deep ones)
He offers a wealth of knowledge in the In The Spread Wintertime Muskie Fishing video.
Scott brings his unique fly fishing techniques to the table. With years of experience in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina, his insights on fly fishing for wintertime muskie are invaluable.
This video isn't just about wintertime muskie fishing; it's also about the pre-spawn period. Muskellunge in these deep southern river systems begin spawning in mid-winter. While the obvious approach is to throw musky lures or flies at the bank, the video delves deeper. It answers questions like:
- What to do when fishing becomes challenging?
- How to target hidden parts of the river teeming with potential?
The strategies discussed will enable you to navigate the waters more efficiently, ensuring you don't miss out on any muskie.
Cory and Scott delve deep into the river system's intricacies. They discuss:
- Potential fish-holding spots in the channels
- Tactical approaches to muskie fishing
- Techniques for working upstream, cross stream, and downstream
Cory's Lure Dynamics: Cory meticulously discusses the swim characteristics of each lure and demonstrates how to use them effectively.
Scott's Biological Insight: With a background in biology, Scott understands the primary forage foods for muskie. He shares how to tie custom flies that mimic these baitfish.
If you're into muskie fishing during winter, this video is a treasure trove of information. By applying the principles from the In The Spread fishing video, you can explore more of the river's water column. We hope this content enriches your fishing knowledge. Remember, the learning never stops.
What are the key tactics for wintertime muskie fishing?
The video covers various tactics, including targeting less obvious river sections, understanding muskie behavior during pre-spawn, and maximizing water coverage using different fishing approaches.
Cory Allen, known affectionately as the Tennessee Muskie Authority (TMA), is the epitome of deep knowledge and expertise in the field of muskie fishing. This moniker, a witty reference to the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), holds a geographical connection with the Tennessee River drainage basin. It is this very area, stretching from southwest Kentucky to north Georgia and encompassing parts of northeast Mississippi, Virginia, and North Carolina, where Allen's muskie fishing mastery shines brightest.Read more